If you’re like me, you can’t afford to go out and buy a new makeup kit every week. You may have seen some super expensive kits, but those are for professionals who use makeup daily. What do you do if you just want a basic kit that works for day-to-day wear? Well, I’ve got good news! Plenty of affordable products will keep your look fresh and chic without breaking the bank or requiring special skills. Here are my top ten picks for what should be included in every woman’s makeup kit:
Mascara is a cosmetic that you can use to enhance the appearance of your eyelashes. It’s available in many forms, including liquid, cream, and powder. Mascara helps lengthen, thicken, and curl lashes for an appealing look that makes eyes appear larger than they are.
Mascaras come in different types: waterproof or non-waterproof; curling or volumizing; smudge-proof or non-smudge-proof; lengthening/thickening (which may include curling). There are even mascaras designed specifically for bottom lashes!
The best type of mascara depends on what kind of effect you want. If all else fails, try one with multiple functions such as lengthening/thickening/curls, etc… You will also want one with good coverage, so choose something that doesn’t run down your face halfway through applying it!
Eyebrow pencils are used to shape and define eyebrows. They can fill in sparse areas or create a perfectly arched brow. Eyebrow pencils come in different colors, so you can choose one that matches your natural hair color.
- Eyebrows frame and define the face, so they’re essential to get right!
- Suppose you have dark hair and brown eyes like me (and most people). In that case, this will probably be your best bet if you want something subtle but still noticeable enough not to be mistaken for myopia (otherwise known as “narrow vision”).
- There’s also a slightly darker option available for those who want their brows darker than what comes standard with their natural shade–but again: keep things subtle unless otherwise specified by someone else first!
Lip balm or lip gloss
Lip balm is a basic must for your makeup kit. It can moisturize lips and prevent them from drying out, which will help keep you from getting chapped lips. Lip gloss can also be an alternative to lipstick or lip stain, adding shine and color to the lips without giving off too much of a bold statement. If you want to wear lip gloss over top of lipstick (or any other kind of makeup), use a small amount first so that it doesn’t become sticky or clumpy when applied over other products
Concealer or foundation
Concealer or foundation is used to conceal dark circles, blemishes, and other imperfections on the skin. Concealer should be applied before foundation, as it can help even out your skin tone by covering dark spots or redness.
Foundation provides a base for your makeup to be applied over the top of it, giving you an even complexion overall. You could use a brush or sponge when applying this product–it’s up to you!
Blush and bronzer
Blush and bronzer are both powders that can be used to contour your face. Bronzer gives your face an all-over tan effect, while blush is more subtle. If you’re new to contouring, start with a neutral shade of powder and experiment with other colors later.
Eyeshadow palette with multiple colors to choose from for day and evening looks
An eyeshadow palette with multiple colors for day and evening looks. The colors are long-lasting, so you won’t worry about fading throughout the day. This is an excellent option if you’re looking to create a glow makeup or something more dramatic, depending on what type of occasion or event you’re attending.
How To Apply: Use fingers or brush to apply powder over the eyelid area in circular motions starting at the inner corner, working outwards towards the brow bone (or use a sponge applicator).
It is essential to have these items in your makeup kit
- Mascara: A good mascara will give you longer, fuller lashes.
- Eyebrow pencil: Use this to fill in any gaps in your eyebrows or shape them into a desired shape.
- Lip balm or lip gloss: This will keep your lips soft and moisturized throughout the day, especially if you wear lipstick that dries out the skin around them (like matte shades).
- Concealer or foundation: Use this product under eyeshadow to soften any dark circles or redness on the face before applying eye shadow so it doesn’t show through as much! It can also be used as an overall concealer for blemishes on other parts of the face too!
We hope this article has helped you to understand the importance of having a makeup kit.